KiGN - Atlassian Applications - Data Protection Policy
Last updated: 2021.04.02
Your rights concerning your personal dataYou have the right
- to know who, why, how long and what personal data of yours stores and processes,
- to access all of your personal information stored and in a format that is portable / easily readable,
- to have your store data corrected or erased,
- to restrict data processing,
- to revoke any consent you gave to data processing,
- to require manual processing / decision making and thus be exempt from fully automated decision making.
About KiGN as your Data Controller
KiGN Media Enterprises is actually not a legal entity, just a fancy name for a small group of individuals who mostly does pro-bono or free services / software whatsoever. More about KiGN and its projects.GDPR requires us
- to handle your data in good faith,
- to process it for the sole purposes that is communicated with you (purpose limitation),
- to process and store only what is necessary to fulfill those purposes (data minimization),
- to store data only till it is required to fulfill those purposes (storage limitation),
- to have a legal ground to processing and or storing your data, e.g.: your consent, legal requirement, contractual requirement etc. to name a few,
- plan our systems and processes from the ground up with security in mind,
- be accountable for what is happening to your data that you trusted us with.
About this site
- The server is hosted at Contabo in Germany.
- The server serving these (static) html pages does log client IP addresses and timestamps along with the accessed pages and the user-agent string sent by your browser and stores for one month. (access-log)
- The logs will be used to help eliminate site operational issues (diagnostics) or to detect security threats in case of an incident.
About our Applications in General
- We strive to make our apps safe and secure to use.
- We strive not to store any personal or sensitive data.
- The tools provided by KiGN run in your browser.
- During the natural interaction with your Atlassian applications, you might process and send data to your Atlassian suite with the help of the Atlassian web UI. These extensions do not really change that, but might make your workflows more efficient by augmenting the sent data.
- The tools might store data (settings) within your browser if you explicitly press the save button in your extension settings.*
- Even those settings usually do not contain personal data. One notable exception we can think of is, if you use your personal name as your domain name, and enter it in settings where applicable.